Channel Doctors is committed to ensuring that the data you share with us is treated with respect and your privacy is protected.
Channel Doctors’ website, newsletters, content and services are intended for a commercial audience, addressing business and organisations’ customer acquisition, engagement and retention needs. However, some browsers, subscribers and customers may be individuals acting as sole traders and will be accorded with the additional care required by UK data protection law.
Channel Doctors may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. The version number and date of the latest iteration of the Policy is shown at the end.
What data we collect
The data we collect may include the following:
- name , job title and organisation
- contact information including email address, work telephone number, work-orientated social media identifiers and work address
- Areas of interest and preferences, typically derived from surveys or cookies which track the web articles and links users and subscribers click on
We do not envisage any need to collected Special Category (or Sensitive) data.
Lawful basis for processing data
Under data protection law, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [see ‘Your data protection rights’]
- We have a legitimate interest. Especially for pre-existing contacts of Channel Doctors who work in the field of customer acquisition, engagement and retention or have a professional interest in those areas, Channel Doctors may have identified a legitimate interest basis on which to send them marketing communications. These contacts can ask for these communications to stop at any time by contacting us.
- We have a contractual obligation. This only applies if you have entered into a contractual, trading relationship with Channel Doctors
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to help us provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We will use the information to help promote, deliver and improve our services. This may include sending different information or content to certain users on the basis of their expressed or derived areas of interest.
- We will periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We may also use your information to send you newsletters or contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We will use the information gathered to customise the website, newsletters and services according to your interests.
- If you become a customer and we enter into a contractual, trading relationship then we will need to process your personal data for additional tasks, such as gaining relevant insight into your organisation, generating invoices, etc.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect in person or online. We will make use of recognised and reputable software and service providers. Currently these include Microsoft, Google, KnowHow Cloud, Chapter Marketing and Mail Chimp’s services
Controlling your personal data
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. In the future we may partner with other organisations to send you information about products or services which we believe will be of interest.
Links to other websites
Your data protection rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We will at all times seek to support your ability to exercise these rights
Please contact us at if you wish to make a request or have a query.
Channel Doctors’ contact details:
- Name: Stephen Sullivan (Director)
- Address: 20 Wilfred Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH5 1ND
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB Channel Doctors is a trading name of Murphy Sullivan Associates Limited. Murphy Sullivan Associates’ ICO registration number is ZA305158.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data or responded to your requests.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Version 1.2. Dated: 25 April 2020