December’s Regulation Hub Update for the DMA’s Contact Centre Council
December’s round-up of Regulation and Compliance news for UK contact centres.
This month’s headlines include…
- Individual company directors, as well as the corporate entities, will now be liable for PECR fines of up to £500,000
- The Incredible shrinking TPS: 12% smaller already this year & counting
- PCI DSS Guidelines for Phone Payments have been released – and it’s bad news for contact centres relying on ‘pause & resume’ techniques to take themselves ‘out of scope’
- Only 5 days left to share your views on a new Code of Practice for Direct Marketing with the ICO
- The ICO has fined two companies a total of £250,000 for making unsolicited marketing calls to numbers on the TPS – and fined a third firm £200,000 for sending over 14 million texts in breach of the PECR rules
- The Fundraising Regulator is to start ‘naming and shaming’ charities under investigation from 2019
- 118 Directory Enquiries providers’ prices have been capped by Ofcom
And hidden away in the Update, a small Christmas Competition!